Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"For Your Refrigerator Door"

Because of Jesus I can now absolutely affirm -

FAITH IS MY LIFE because:
  • I have hope, a real expectation of the future that God built with his own hands
  • I am free of the law that would have been my death sentence
  • I am being transformed into a replica of Jesus by the ever increasing glory of the Spirit
  • I have the courage to endure life's material realities because I can look beyond them
  • I no longer live with any fear of anything at any time for any reason
  • My Father has reached out and drawn me to himself and given me a new life!
This short summary of the essential truths found in the first five chapters of 2 Corinthians are the foundation upon which every new follower of Jesus can stand firm and move forward.

Until next time:

"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." 7:1 NIV
"With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God." 7:1 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment